SKILL STRENGTHENING FOR INDUSTRIAL VALUE ENHANCEMENT (STRIVE)
The Scheme was introduced in Government ITI Udhampur in 2021 and funds to the tune of 92.5 Lakhs have been allocated IMC of ITI Udhampur in February 2021 based on the Institute Strategic Plan (ISP) submitted by IMC and approved by SSC/DGT which are to be utilized under different heads as per the approved Institute Strategic Plan (ISP). Under the Scheme Two New demand driven Trades viz. Cosmetology & Draftsmen Civil have been introduced. ITI Udhampur pertains to Result Area-I under STRIVE.
ABOUT THE SCHEME
The Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) Project has been developed by Government of India (GoI) with World Bank assistance to incentivize the critical instructional reforms required in the institutional training system offered through ITIs and Apprenticeship to meet the GoIs commitment to develop globally competitive work force.
Skill Strengthening For Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) project is implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) through State Government, Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), Centrally Funded Institutes (CFIs) and Industry Clusters (ICs).
- The key objective of STRIVE Project is to improve the relevance and efficiency of Skills Training provided through ITIs and Apprenticeships.
- Project has four result areas under which funding is available.
- J&K has been allotted 07 ITIs to participate in STRIVE Project.
- Result Area 1: Improve Performance of ITIs.
- Result Area 2: Increase Capacities of State Governments to support ITIs and Apprenticeship Training.
- Result Area 3: Improve Teaching and Learning Capabilities.
(Implemented by DGT).
- Result Area 4: Improved and Broadened Apprenticeship Training.
Improving the performance of ITIs to be monitored on the basis of key performance indicators like:-
- % increase in number of passed-outs at the respective ITI.
- % increase in female enrolment rate across the trades functioning in ITI.
- % increase in total enrolments at the respective ITI
- % increase in total trainees who have undergone on Job Training (OJT).